Thursday, May 15, 2008

AWESOME

Have you ever received a parcel from your son who, only a year or two before, thought you were mean, cranky and horrible and couldn't wait to leave home? And who couldn't stand your music or your rules or...anything....


Well, this arrived today. The parcel is addressed as in the photo: MY AWESOME MOTHER. I covered up the address - I don't want other people arriving on my doorstep thinking I might just be awesome for them too!
He is so pleased with me he wrote this on the front for all the world to see. Now THAT is awesome. I don't care what the mothers' day present inside is, because like a little child, I just love the wrapping! I want to frame it and hang it on the wall but I put it on here instead so I can look at it from time to time without embarrassing visitors!

3 comments:

The Crone at Wits End said...

Kate, I have a 22 year old son living across the country from me. We moved States and 'abandoned' him a couple of years ago!

I totally understand what you mean about the address on your parcel. It's the same warm fuzzy feeling I get when my son calls me prior to getting on a plane (he travels a lot for his job).

18 years of a job well done I think :)

Pattie Baker said...

Kate: What an incredible gift.

Cwm Goch Chronicles said...

Hang it on your wall I say. Gifts like that won't embarrass anyone - they'll just make other mothers green with envy!